The first update to vSphere 5.0 was released by VMware yesterday and although a minor release its worth mentioning some fixes and enhancements that it brings.
Guest Operating System Customization Improvements: vCenter Server adds support for customization of the following guest operating systems:
- Windows 8
- Ubuntu 11.10
- Ubuntu 11.04
- Ubuntu 10.10
- Ubuntu 10.04 LTS
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP2
- vSphere Web Client fails to start after Web Client installation is complete In vCenter Server, vSphere Web Client might fail to start after Web Client installation is complete. This issue is resolved in this release.
- Upgrade to vCenter Server 5.0 fails with the error After you upgrade a vCenter Server 4.1 instance to vCenter Server 5.0, vCenter Server does not start, and produces a win32 exception error and backtrace. When this issue occurs, the following error message is written to vpxd logs.
Found both stateful stateless event expressions in the same alarmThis issue is resolved in this release.
- vCenter Server 5.0 U1 is shipped with Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1 Express database When upgrading Virtual Center 5.0 GA (installed with Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Express database) to Virtual Center 5.0 U1 , Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Express database is upgraded to Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1 express database. Note: A restart is required when a Virtual Center 5.0 is upgraded to Virtual Center 5.0 U1. This issue is resolved in this release.
- vMotion operation fails with error messages indicating insufficient CPU or memory resources A vMotion operation might fail with error messages similar to the following:
Failed to initialize migration at source. Error 0xbad00a4. VMotion failed to start due to lack of cpu or memory resources.
vMotion task failed - This host has reached its concurrent migration limit.
This issue is resolved in this release.
For more information and to download the update goto..
ESXi Release Notes:- http://www.vmware.com/support/vsphere5/doc/vsp_esxi50_u1_rel_notes.html
vCenter Release Notes:- http://www.vmware.com/support/vsphere5/doc/vsp_vc50_u1_rel_notes.html