OK, so this is probably one of the easiest tasks to perform but its strange how many times I get asked how to enable this for remote access. I guess, most things people are really interested in are the new features which each version of ESX brings and may forget about the mundane stuff you may need for day to day admin.
- First start the vSphere Client
- Select the ESXi host in the configurations tab
- Select Security Profile
- Click on Properties in the upper right corner and you will get the a popup with all the services on this ESXi 5.0 hosts. Select the SSH service and press the Options button.
- Now you can start the services and set the startup options
- press okay and you are done..
that was easy wasn’t it